425 thoughts on “Contact Me

1. andy

Hi
    When we try to upload a new file, the upload window is so much left, that we can’t use it. it seems the Bootstrap Modal sitting behind the backdrop…
    Can you fix this?

Thanks in advance

2. joerg klein

i am having a problem with Versions and 2 or more useres working on the same file.
    The first user uploads a file e.g “text.txt” 2 times so we are on version 1.1
    Now the 2nd and 3rd usere upload the modified file “text.txt” but every user
    becoms his own file with version 1.0. is it posible if an file exist from another user
    to use this file and set this version higher? i try to list all the Employee who are working
    on the file but it doen’t help!

Kind Regards,

joerg

Unfortunately that how mdocs works. If a user becomes a contributor to a mdocs file they have rights to the current file as well as the pervious version.

3. Paola

I have a problem. If a document have the status HIDDEN, is it possible to show it to all subscribers users? Because now i can’t fine a way to show private documents to autenticated people. thanks

If you click on the file from the dashboard menu and click “Manage File” the file menu will open. From there uncheck the checkbox “Downloadable by Non Members” this will only allow user that have logged in to download the file. Non logged in users will still see that file but can’t download it.

1. Paola

thanks but this not solve my problem….. beause i have some docs that are pubblic, so everyone can dowload them. I have also some docs that are private, so only logged users can see them. Now i have found this escape: If i put user role as contrbutor, he can see the hidden doc. If i put him also as he can’t upload and he can’t see the dashboard, then he can only see but not manage hidden doc….

thats why the setting is per file. So you can have some files that are public and some files that are only downloadable by non member. It’s your choice. But if you like you solution by all means use that method 🙂

4. ilperu

hello,
    i am trying to use your extension to publish documents inside folders.
    I have many files to load and i tried to use the ‘Batch Library Upload’ to load a unique zip files, as per instructions.
    But, once the zip files is loaded (i don’t see where ), how can i manage it ?
    On the page i see:
    “Create a zip file of all the documents you want to upload. You may name the file whatever you want. Once you have created the file, simply upload it, then use the quick select form to place the files in the proper directory. Once satisfied press the ‘Complete’ button to finsh the process.”
    But, where is the “quick select form” ?

Many thanks for your job and regards,

Paolo

If you don’t see a screen that shows all the files and some options to change name directory etc…. then you have some issue the process maybe timing out before it finishes.

Here is a couple of things to look at server side.

Make sure your php.ini settings can handle a big file size:

upload_max_filesize = 100M
      post_max_size = 100M
      max_execution_time = 100

also make sure your servers tmp directory has enough space on it to handle the zip file.

Also check you apache config files for the timeout value make sure that is big enough as well

1. ilperu

Hi Bhaldie,
        i checked what you told me, and also i added the zip extension to my server, that was missng.
        Now it works !
        Thanks again and regards,
        paolo

1. ilperu

hi, another question for you.
            In the ‘option ->setting’ area , about i used Document Preview Settings i choose :

Use Google Docuement Preview

but when i try to preview a pdf document i receive a black box with ‘Anteprima non disponibile’ inside. how can i solve it ?
            Regards,
            Paolo

hmmm, did this functionality work. “Anteprima non disponibile” means “No preview Available” so my guess is something is blocking googles ability to access that file.

Make sure you mdocs upload dir has read access.

There is currently no way to disable downloads and only have previews working… I will add it to the feature request list.

5. Chris Koenig

Gettng an error all of a sudden related to wincache:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot find save handler ‘wincache’ – session startup failed in C:\home\site\wwwroot\wp-content\plugins\memphis-documents-library\includes\mdocs-functions.php on line 399

Tips to debug?

You can try to disable session from Options > Settings > Disable System Settings > and check Disable Sessions

6. John

Where does Memphis Documents store information in the database? I’m trying to tie a front end form into Memphis Documents so users can upload documents without admin access. In doing this, the form plugin needs to map the form fields to those of Memphis Documents but I can’t find where in the db mdocs stores folder information, etc. I assume m-docs is a custom post type but maybe not…..any advice?

All database information is location under the *_options table of a WordPress install look for option names the start with mdocs_ all information will be found there.

7. Jerome LEFEUVRE

Just few questions about Memphis Document library :
    What about user role feature ? if not include, is ti possible to have a custom dev ?
    Can we have a premium support for this extension to resolve issues and have custom developpement ?

Best regards
    Jerome LEFEUVRE

What type of user roles features are you looking for?

To answer your question about premium support and custom dev the short answer is no, I don’t do anything like that. I do add items to the feature request list and implement almost all request.

8. Jim Weichel

I am working with version 3.6.14 that has a new feature: Added a new short code for showing one file on any post, page or widget.
    What is the short code for this or where can I find it?

if you goto mdocs dashboard Options > Settings > Shortcodes will give you a list of all shortcodes available.

9. Rick

I am running WP 4.7.2 with Memphis Documents 3.6.14. In order to speed up my site I ran PHP Compatibility Tester 1.3.2. This is the result I got regarding MD being compatible with PHP 7:

FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE
    ————————————————————————————————————————
    77 | ERROR | Using ‘break’ outside of a loop or switch structure is invalid and will throw a fatal error since PHP 7.0
    ————————————————————————————————————————
    FILE: /home/******/public_html/wp-content/plugins/memphis-documents-library/includes/mdocs-widgets.php
    ——————————————————————————————————–
    FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 3 WARNINGS AFFECTING 3 LINES
    ——————————————————————————————————–
    8 | WARNING | Use of deprecated PHP4 style class constructor is not supported since PHP 7.
    57 | WARNING | Use of deprecated PHP4 style class constructor is not supported since PHP 7.
    112 | WARNING | Use of deprecated PHP4 style class constructor is not supported since PHP 7.

10. Guilherme Delai

Hello Bhaldie.

First, congratulations on your excellent work, know that I will make a donation for having had the patience to do such a good job and not charge for it.

I have the following doubt.

Is there paging when you reach some posts limit?
    Or will a single column be created with all the uploads?

There is currently now paging for files, it is something I will add to the feature list thou. Thanks for the report.

has it always been in that tab list. I have had reports from others that tab functionality break mdocs style.

1. Terrence

This is all new to me but, yes, my only use was on these tabs. I did the mdocs update too so maybe that’s what went wrong?

try rolling back to an older version and see if the problem is still there.

what plugin are u using for the tabs?

11. Saskia

Hi Bhaldie!
    I modified the Plugin so it would allow the wordpress built in search functionality to also search for entries made to the version field of a document. However since I last looked at the particular site where I have this memphis plugin activated on, you have brought out several updates.
    I checked out the update but my modification no longer works on the latest update.

Currently I am running v. 3.4.6
    The only modified file is /assets/mdocs-functions.php
    I out-commented lines 774-782 and added the following right between lines 782 and 783:
    if(get_option(‘mdocs-show-media-files’) == false) add_filter( ‘posts_where’, ‘mdocs_hide_attachments’ );
    function mdocs_hide_attachments( $where ){
    global $wp_query;
    if( is_user_logged_in() ){
    if(basename($_SERVER[‘REQUEST_URI’]) == ‘upload.php’ || basename($_SERVER[‘REQUEST_URI’]) == ‘upload.php?deleted=1’) {
    $where .= ‘ AND post_content!=”[mdocs_media_attachment]”‘;

$arr .= “,”;
    $arr .= $the_mdoc[‘parent’];
    $first = false;
    }
    }
    if(isset($arr)){
    $where .= ‘ OR ( wp_posts.ID in (‘ . $arr . ‘) AND wp_posts.post_status = “publish” )’;
    }

}

return $where;
    }

I am seeing empty needle in error log for the line:
    if( !empty($mdocs) && strpos($the_mdoc[‘version’], $thesearch) !== false){

What am I doing wrong? Any clue? It works fine when on 3.4.6 but as soon as I update and enter my code in new mdocs-functions.php the site breaks and gives me a 540 server error.

Any help appreciated!

by changing this line it seems to have corrected the problem:

if( isset( $wp_query->query_vars[‘s’] )) {

to this

if( isset( $wp_query->query_vars['s'] ) && $wp_query->query_vars['s'] != '') {

1. Saskia

Thanks for that and you superfast response!

However I am still seeing the 540 server timeout..
        I reinstalled your plugin without any modifications – latest version from repository. And I am seeing the 540 error.

this is in error.log with virgin memphis docs plugin:

[error] 26507#26507: *44 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /var/www/mydomain.com/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/memphis-documents-library/includes/mdocs-functions.php on line 619

Any clues on why?

1. Saskia

hm.. still endless loading and then 540.

I commented out this code:
            /* $mdocs_allowed_mime_types = get_option(‘mdocs-allowed-mime-types’);
            foreach($mdocs_allowed_mime_types as $index => $mime) {
            $existing_mimes[$index] = $mime;
            }
            $mdocs_removed_mime_types = get_option(‘mdocs-removed-mime-types’);
            foreach($mdocs_removed_mime_types as $index => $mime) {
            unset($existing_mimes[$mime]);
            } */

And I haven’t added any modifications to the plugin. Just updated it directly from repository. I also tried uploading it manually, because I thought something goes wrong during auto update.. but now seeing 504 timeout in backend and immense long loading in front end…

This is what I find in error.log:
            backend error entry:
            2017/01/26 12:04:06 [error] 26507#26507: *1549 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 77.20.240.74, server: domain.com, request: “POST /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php HTTP/2.0”, upstream: “fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9070”, host: “domain.com”, referrer: “https://domain.com/wp-admin/update.php?action=update-selected&plugins=memphis-documents-library%2Fmemphis-documents.php&_wpnonce=c4041b9979”

frontend error entry:
            2017/01/26 12:05:12 [error] 26507#26507: *1549 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 77.20.240.74, server: domain.com, request: “GET /wp-admin/update-core.php HTTP/2.0”, upstream: “fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9070”, host: “domain.com”, referrer: “https://domain.com/wp-admin/update.php?action=update-selected&plugins=memphis-documents-library%2Fmemphis-documents.php&_wpnonce=c4041b9979”

2. Saskia

Ok, so now the front end seems to load fine. I noticed you changed the table class mdocs-list-table and made this and ID name instead. Which is why the background-color css in your min.css no longer works. I added the css rule to my style.css

But the wp admin doesnt load.. browser is loading endlessly to no avail.

3. Saskia

My server is a LEMP stack consisting of:
            Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
            nginx v.1.10.0
            MariaDB 10.1.21
            PHP 7.0 is activated on that particular site
            however also php5.6.30-1 is running alongside on other parts of the server

Thanks again very much for your support

that seems all good u meet the requirements for mdocs…

looking back at the error message, it seems to be referring to the actual update of mdocs using “POST /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php HTTP/2.0”

can you confirm that mdocs not in a state of constant update?

5. Saskia

How would I find that out?

The plugin seems to be fully updated.. I even reuploaded it manually to make sure it didn’t miss any files on autoupdate..

6. Saskia

Ok, so what I did now, was reverting to Plugin version 3.5
            Remember I still had 3.4.x installed.

3.5 works without any issues.
            3.6 works without any issues.
            3.6.12 work without any issues.
            Only issue there is in 3.6.12, is that in wp admin I am seeing the following error when I am launching the manage file overlay caused by memphis-documents.min.js:
            Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘setContent’ of null
            at Object.success (memphis-documents.min.js:1)
            at i (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:2)
            at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:2)
            at y (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:4)
            at XMLHttpRequest.c (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery…:4)
            Also the filetype icons do not show anymore.

After activated 3.6.13 the wp-admin no longer loads. I am seeing endless loading spinner in wp admin. Will revert to 3.6.12 for now and hope for some kind of fix from our side.

Looking at your error message, has has too to with the tinyMCE editor. Do you have any plugins that are modifying the standard WordPress content editor?

8. Saskia

Hm, no I don’t. This is the list of Plugins thats active on this particular site:

Broken Link Checker
            Custom Login Page Customizer
            Database Clean and Repair
            Maintenance
            Memphis documents Library
            Nginx Helper
            Social Icons Widget by WPZOOM
            SP Project & Document Manager
            Updraft Plus – Backup/Restore
            User Role Editor
            WP reCaptcha Integration

I would try to disable all plugins then try the new mdocs again. if that works start turning on one plugin at a time until the error occurs again.

12. allan

I’m using Memphis Docs and we broke our catalog. We currently have blank Categories and I need to figure out what tables in the database I would need to remove to revert it back to a working system. Any thoughts?

13. Lee

Just wondering if you have instructions to adjust/manipulate the layout? I would like to change it slightly the aesthetics to suite the website I have used this plugin on.
    I haven’t been through all the comments so I apologies if someone else has already asked this question.

There is no instructions on how to change the look of mdocs. Most changes can be made with the mdocs stylesheet but I don’t have any docs on making changes.

14. Steven Parker

I tried using this and it looked great, but I created a folder called “Meeting Notes” and when I tried to upload to that folder, I get a “502 Error” on the site. I would love to use the plugin, but I can’t figure out why I am getting that error. We are wanting to use this just for document storage on our WordPress dashboard.

try this:

Clear your browser’s cache. Outdated or corrupted files that are being stored by your browser could be causing 502 Bad Gateway issues.
      Removing those cached files and trying the page again will solve the problem if this is the cause.

Delete your browser’s cookies. For similar reasons as mentioned above with cached files, clearing stored cookies could fix a 502 error.

15. Patrik

Hi!

I´m testing your plugin to see if it´s something for us. So far I love it, but there are 2 errors that I´ve haven´t been able to fix myself.

1.) I can´t search for documents. It only gets me to the 404-page. This is a key feature that has to work for us.
    2.) Preview gets the modal overlay on top, which makes so you can´t use the buttons in the preview.

Any ideas what we can do to fix these issues?

Best regards,
    Patrik

1. Patrik

Hi!

No response, so I´ll make another try.

Any ideas what we can do to fix these issues?

Best regards,
      Patrik

hi,

for issue one try this:

404 Error when trying to access document page
        If you get a 404 error when trying to access your Memphis documents pages try going to Setting>Permalinks and pressing Save.

for issue 2 its a little tricker to answer without see your site. Its a style issue that is causing the problem usually due to the theme and mdocs not playing nice together.

1. Patrik

Thanks for the response!

I solved the overlay issue, just needed to tweak z-index.

For search the problem is that the site uses friendly url:s, but the plugin uses /?s=searchterm which causes the 404. Is there a way to change the searchfunction so it works with the more common friendly urls?

I also wonder if there is a way to show file size in a separate column?

Hi Patrik,

mDocs, has no search functionality built into it. Search is handle by WordPress and I don’t do anything to alter the results. Did you try the suggestion that I gave you before and if so did it work?