580 thoughts on “Contact Me

1. Fabian

Hi.

We have a WP multisites installation. After updating to 3.6.22, the session cookie created by Mdocs prevents the site where the plugin is active from loading.
    Disabling sessions from the db is the only way to get back access to the site.

Thanks.

You can also try going to the mdocs dashboard of the site. Then click Options > Settings > Disable session.

1. Fabian

Hi.

We could not access the dashboard, that is why we had to disable sessions from the database.

Now we keep sessions disabled and everything seems to be working (did not update to the latest version yet).

Thanks.

2. John

Do you have a shortcode for “Add new document” as this would be really useful for me or is there another way in which I can add a link on a page that has the [mdocs] shortcode on it to a;;ow a user to view specific library and add a document to it without using the Documents Library screen?

You can click on the share button for each file, which will give you to options one is direct download the other is directs you to the files home page.

The other way would be to use this shortcode on a page or post

[mdocs single-file="Enter the file name."]

3. Aaron

The File Versionizing doesn’t work for me…
    OR I jsut don’t know how to use it, can anyone help?

Can you describe how it is now working.. the more details I have the better I can assist you.

4. maggie

Great plugin! Thanks for creating it. One issue I’m trying to solve is keeping the scroll position of the browser window when clicking around the Mdocs small file list. Since each click actually redirects you to a new URL it reloads the entire page. Since Mdocs is located near the bottom of the page and the page reloads to the very top the user interface is less than ideal in our implementation.

If you have a chance, let me know what you suggest is the best way to solve this problem or what way you suggest solving it.

Thanks!
    Maggie

Not sure if there is anything I can do to solve this issue. Just so I am clear when you click the files dropdown the page reloads this doesn’t sound like normal behaviour. The clicking the dropdown should not reload the page.

Is you site public if so I could take a quick look at it to see the issue first hand.

5. Dan

Hi Bhaldie,

Great plugin! Only thing I’m struggling with is when I click ‘Go To Post’, it takes me to a error 404 page not found. Do I need to manually create these pages prior to or after uploading the file or is this page auto-generated like it seems?

Dan

6. Aurélien

Hello Bhaldie,

your plugin seems great, I succesfully install it!

I can upload, delete, edit files and folder, manage roles but I still have a big problem, on the files page, I can see the files in the description, but everytime I try to download a file, it redirect me to home page of my wordpress!

How could I fix this?

its probably a conflict with another plugin. Can you disable all plugins except mdocs and try again.

try opening a browser inspector and seeing if there is any errors when you press the download button.

1. Aurélien

ha yes, when I removed “/wp” from the url given by the download button it works!
            But, how do I procced to remove once and for all the “/wp” for all the download buttons? (sorry if the question look stupid)

It has to do with how you setup your WordPress. You have obviously uploaded it to /wp directory but you are redirecting to /. How did you do this?

3. Aurélien

I absolutly have no idea, It’s automatic! plus, I didn’t setup that wordpress! It was already set up when I started to work on it! I try to do my best to figure out how it works! If you have any idea how I could solve that, that would be great!

it seems the the previous that set up the wordpress put all the wordpress files in a WP folder!

So i Have a .htaccess and a php.index in the main folder, and also in the wp subfolder with all the other wp files!

Take a look at WordPress Setting menu from the dashboard what is in these 2 text fields:

WordPress Address (URL)
            Site Address (URL)

7. Joshua Gomes

Hi Memphis Docs,

I ran into a few errors when running a PHP 7 compatibility on my site, which you can see below.
    I wondered if you had an update that has resolved these errors, or you are planning to release one in the future? This would be very helpful!

————————————————————————————————————————
    FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE
    ————————————————————————————————————————
    77 | ERROR | Using ‘break’ outside of a loop or switch structure is invalid and will throw a fatal error since PHP 7.0
    ————————————————————————————————————————

FILE: /home/benefacto/public_html/dev2/wp-content/plugins/memphis-documents-library/includes/mdocs-widgets.php
    ————————————————————————————————————–
    FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 3 WARNINGS AFFECTING 3 LINES
    ————————————————————————————————————–
    8 | WARNING | Use of deprecated PHP4 style class constructor is not supported since PHP 7.
    57 | WARNING | Use of deprecated PHP4 style class constructor is not supported since PHP 7.
    112 | WARNING | Use of deprecated PHP4 style class constructor is not supported since PHP 7.
    ————————————————————————————————————–

If you need anything please let me know!

Thank You!

I will take a look into it. Can you give me the file producing the error. You have listed the file containing the warning but not the one associated with the error.

1. Joshua Gomes

Hi Bhaldie,

Thanks for the help! How would you like me to send you the file? Do you have an email address or something I can send it through?

Many Thanks,

Joshua Gomes

No I don’t need the file I need this information:

for the error part of you initial message.

1. Joshua Gomes

Oh I see sorry I don’t think I copied it right.

Here is the error again:

FILE: /home/benefacto/public_html/dev2/wp-content/plugins/memphis-documents-library/includes/mdocs-doc-preview.php
            ————————————————————————————————————————
            FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE
            ————————————————————————————————————————
            ————————————————————————————————————————

————————————————————————————————————–
            FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 3 WARNINGS AFFECTING 3 LINES
            ————————————————————————————————————–
            ————————————————————————————————————–

I’ve just uploaded a new version of mdocs it should take care of your error issue on line 77. The warning will still be there for the time being.

make sure you have this checkbox checked Options > Settings > System Settings > Turn on Advance Search

That is the normal behaviour, I don’t remove the normal search results I only add mdocs results to it.

1. Massimo Nannini

Into Your sample screen shoot, You show different way to rappesent file list foe example showing differnt contest menu items.
        How can I configure the plug-in in this way ?

Thanks.

if you goto the mdocs dashboard then Options > Settings > Displayed File Information, this is where you can show or hide fields.

2. Massimo Nannini

I saw. I think the problem is that I’m using plugin into a web page with [mdocs] short codes.
          Into my contest menu I have only download item, whereas in the same menu inside wordpress -> Memphis docs menu I find a lot of item like dowload, description, preview, …

Thanks.

1. Massimo Nannini

Now I’ve understud. It was a visualization problem of my web page.

I need to use wordpress buildin seach, How can I use it ?

Thenk, and so sorry there are my first step using wordpress.

it already works with WordPress just type the filename your are looking for and it should show up in the search

1. Carlos Lander

Hi, how’re you?
        Sorry for bothering you again.
        The Version .19 remain with the same issue?
        My site still show the keep reading button crop.

Thanks and keep up with the great work

8. Tyler Moore

When i go to preview the document the html pops up instead of the image. The download functionality works fine. I have tried adjusting the settings with bootstrap but no changes, and i cant use the box view because they are upgrading to a new plugin.

sounds like something is blocking google from creating a preview. Make sure your site allows cross site scripts to be run.

That should not be showing by default. It looks like you are not loading bootstrap and mdocs need bootstrap to work.

Open up a browser inspector and look and see what errors you see and report them back to me.

9. Hans

I am using mdocs for over a year, now version 3.6.18.
    I can’t edit or update documents no longer, there is no respond when clicking on the menu-opties.

What’s going on here? Bug in this version of mdocs?

gr
    Hans

Can you take a look at a browser inspector and see if you see any javascript errors. Also does the front end drop down menu work?

10. mattgoodrum

If i try to download any files on the system, it tries to download the file just using the first word of the actualy filename.

E.G. If there is a file called “My document to download”, if i click download, it downloads the file as “My”