520 thoughts on “Contact Me

1. Josh Trecartin

Hello Ian,
    Your Custom Login plugin is the best I’ve found. The only difficulty I’ve had is I cannot figure out how to enable Javascript so I can use the “Custom Logo Link” and “Custom Logo Title” features. I’m on the latest version of WordPress and use The7 Theme v.5.4.1

If you would be willing to point me in the right direction it would be very appreciated. Thank you for your time.

most people already have javascript enable, its a browser setting I just mention it because it is need to alter some content.

What seems to be the issue with the login screen

2. Steve Groner

Header/Footer
    I would like to use the folder structure as a live list of downloads on a page. However, when I use a category shortcode I still get the header and footer from mdocs. Is there any way to turn those off? I just want to show a list of file sin the folder for that category with the name (as a link) but I do not want to display the header row and footer row of the mdocs. Can you help me?

the header and footer should not show when you use the category shortcode. e.g. [mdocs cat="test page"] should not show any header and footer.

3. Grace

Is there any way to add a search capability on the list page?
    (I’m not finding how to do this)
    Our site has nearing 1,000 SDS sheet pdfs … so would need to search by words in their titles.

unfortunately there is no built in search functionality for mdocs. You can use the WordPress default search to return values or you can use the sort functions.

It is a feature request already but is not scheduled to be worked on any time soon.

4. Yogee

Hi

As per memphis docs in my website , when i click on Manage File and try to edit thumbnail, its not working.

Its doing nothing.

Please help.

try going to the mdocs dashboard > Options > Settings > Disable Thrid Party Includes > And try clicking one or all of the third party includes and see what happens.

1. Yogee

The problem is that, When i have already any thumbnail in document and try to edit it, i cant see current thumbnail name in edit.

You can’t edit the thumbnail from manage files. The thumbnail is autogenerated from the file and can’t be edited. What are you trying to edit exactly?

1. Yogee

There is 2 options in Manage File
          1) File Uploader
          2) File Thumbnail

So i am trying to upload my pdf file from File Uploader and trying to set Thumbnail of that pdf file from File Thumbnail

Let me know if i am doing anything wrong.

Im not sure what option you are talking about in manage file called “File Thumbnail” thumbnails as I stated before are generated using a third party tool called “Box Document Preview” which can be found in the setting of mdocs. There is not option in manage files that allow you to create, add, change thumbnails.

I can help you if you give me a link to your site. Other than that I can’t because they theme you are using is a paid theme.

5. Shuvro

Hi Ian,

I recently installed your plugin into my site http://www.mobs-bd.org/?page_id=2237 and its working fine with some perks:
    a. Recently it crashed my site while upgrading, but when i reinstalled the plugin it went working fine again
    b. pls perdon my knowldge, i cn’t seem to align the documents in the page view, it always comes up center aligned

Can you help?

try adding this to your themes style sheet:

#mdocs-list-table td { text-align: left; }

if that doesn’t work try this:

#mdocs-list-table td { text-align: left !important; }

6. RainKV

I use version 4.8. When installing the memship document plugin, my theme is framed. People help me how to correct this error with. Thanks a lot!Error

it looks like a style issue, is your theme a free theme. if so I can install it on my dev site and do some testing.

You can just send me the download link for the theme for you site, that would be easier.

I just need the theme you are using not your whole wp directory. Please just link me the theme please.

7. morksoldat

Greetings!

I’m actively translating Memphis Documents Library to Spanish (es_ES), already translated all the strings in the stable branch….. could you please make me editor? (new in this… some orientation needed).

Thanks!

8. Frans

The plugin works well, however it creates a top level page called Documents. If I delete it gets recreated. If I rename it recreates it.
    in short it is just there.
    there must be a way to not have that show there, or at least rename to what I want it?
    In my case the page I need it on is one level down with a different name. I do not want a page saying documents at top level.

What can be done or what is the trick?

Regards,

Frans

you have to create a new page called “documents” add this short code [mdocs] then change the page called “mdocuments-library” post status to draft.

9. gabriel RMS

Greetings
    When a document is uploaded it automatically generates a post.
    Would it be possible not to have a post published showing the “shortcode”?

I would prefer to selectively publish a post (if required) and then place a link to the document.

Is this a setting that can be manipulated?
    Gabriel

The only options you have for post are as followed:

Post Options

Hide All Posts: (Non Members)
      Hide All Posts
      Hide All Post From Homepage

You could also when uploading a file change the post status to draft which will hide it from all users except admins.

10. James

Fantastic plugin, I want to change the page name slug from the default just to documents. Once iv done that mdoc creates another page with mdoc as the slug. How and i stop this and just have domain.co.uk/documents

11. CalTech

Great Plugin overall!! But we have a big problem right now, hoping you can help

We spent a lot of time uploading documents and setting up folders. Then we upgraded to a new server and moved our WP install. For memphis Docs, we used “export” from within memphis and got the export file just fine. But on the new server when we use memphis to “import” it just gets stuck uploading at 1%. Couldn’t get around that.

So then we tried manually copying over the files, and now we’re in a mess, where folder structure and all the file names are listed in memphis but the link to all the files is broken.

Please help 🙂

yeah doing a manual database copy will not work, the file links are tied to post data. First off I would look at your new servers configuration. First run the mdocs dashboard > Options > Test Server Compatibility and make sure your server is compatible with mdocs.

If you are compatiabity I might try to increase the max_input_vars value to a higher number and then try the import again.

12. William Lee

I think this is a fantastic plugin! I’ve been using it for a couple of years and really like it. However, I’m having an issue with the preview not displaying and was wondering how to go about getting help. You can see it on this page: https://www.biiainsurance.com/policy-forms/. If you click the file name and then choose “Preview,” it doesn’t actually show the preview. Any thoughts?

it looks like you have some site issues “Failed to load resource: The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be “level-plastic.flywheelsites.com” which could put your confidential information at risk.” I would take a look at this it is causing some ajax issues.

Oh you could also try to clear your browser cache…. the zero that is displaying in your preview window makes me think your ajax method is out of date.

13. Frans

Great plugin.
    Only one issue I face is that when under admin settings I make changes and then save it, I get error: Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help.
    and the stings are not saved then.
    Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

try disabling all other plugins and try again.

if it works enables other plugins one and a time to see where the conflict is.

14. Predrag

Hello. Your plugin seems to be great. I am just testing it now. So what I would like to have is search of uploaded documents (by tags, i.e.). Is there any option to have search on page with [mdocs] shortcode?

mdocs has no search functionality, it works well with the standard WordPress search. As for tags they are available of all files in the manage file section of mdocs. You can add as many tags as you want there.

try adding this to your themes css file:
      .main .col-lg-9 .col-md-8 {
      width: 100% !important;
      }

1. Alain

Can you give me a time estimate? And make sure that I will be advise as soon as it is ready.

This feature will make all the difference if I use your plugin or not. Everything else suit my need for my Web app project.

Your plugin is great but whitout the ability to upload by front-end will push me to another solution.

Best regards,

I have not hard estimate when this feature will be ready… it is on my high priority list but don’t have a hard day.

15. Everett

I just installed wordpress, and it warns me that your plugin may not be compatible with the latest release. I am very new to this, but was wondering if it is compatible or will be updated.

yes you are fine, I tested with 4.8 and everything works well. I just forgot to update my text file that lets people know what version you are compatible with.

16. Ryan

Hi there,

Is it possible to host the file(s) elsewhere (such as Google Drive) rather than having to upload the file(s) when adding a file to a Memphis folder?

Many thanks,
    Ryan

Unfortunately no, mdocs only deals with internal files right now. It is on my feature request list thou.

17. Claire Pimlott

hi, I seem to be having a problem with the memphis document library. it is accessible to NM but when I click on download etc I get this message for all files:

Memphis Documents Error: 20170405 PART ONE Agenda Viaduct Health Board of Directors 05.04.2017 V1.0.docx was not found, please contact the owner for assistance.

I can’t seem to rectify this even with revert to default settings.

Make sure you have correct permission in your uploads folder, a quick test would be to change uploads/mdocs to 777 then try download again. Do not leave this like that if it works or if it doesn’t.

Report back to me withe the results.