902 thoughts on “Contact Me

1. Amy

No matter what settings I try it still shows the ‘GoTo Post’ link in the File Options drop down – I need to hide this (It might be easier if you just put a unique class name on each of the File Options, so developers can target each one and hide it themselves)

Also is better mobile support planned? Right now the table crunches up on mobile phones. Perhaps adding a new checkbox for each table item under Document List Configuration, something like [] Hide on Mobile (which sets that coloumn and its items to not display when a certain breakpoint is hit)?

as an admin you will always see the goto post link other users will not.

Mobile support is a contain process and am working towards solutions to answer you issue.

2. Deals Tony

Hello, for a fee

I was looking for a plugin that will enable my users create their own documents to be dowloaded by other users for a few. Will this do it?

3. David

Recent update “broke” the display of Folder->Sub Folder under the Divi theme and there isn’t the “Add mDocs Folder” button at the top of the page editor to attempt a fix. If I remove the cat=”Folder” from the shortcode, I do get the first folder and all its sub-folders displayed. If i use the cat=”All Files” they do get displayed sans the folder and sub-folder hierarchy.

Why are the buttons not visible on the page editor screen. If you disable the theme are they present?

Is the Divi theme free if so please paste the link here and I will take a look.

1. David

Not free per se, but Elegant Themes does provide a “Try it for Free” option at this link: https://www.elegantthemes.com/gallery/divi/
        FYI … I’m using their Divi Builder which has both a visual and textual context to the editing process. Other plugins do work so knowing that you haven’t previously known about Divi I’m guessing you might simply need to adjust or otherwise add a hook to get your button to work. If you want to contact me directly we can work through getting you access to the site.

Anything I can add to the page that’s similar to the previous shortcode so that I can get the doc library functional again?

4. Fede

Hello, I installed your plugin in a new site, but the control panel options do not work, all buttons are red. When I click on them, the windows disappear in less than a second. So I can not do anything with it. I used it in another website and it works perfectly.

5. Christian

There are problems with WPML. We started using it on a site with single language and it worked perfectly. We have now updated the page for 2 additional languages, using http://wpml.org plugin and Memphis docs works on frontend but not on backend.

There if no possibility to navigate through the documents on /wp-admin/admin.php?page=memphis-documents.php We only see root fodder but not lower folders.

I can provide more insights over direct email.

you have to be more specific, what is the exact problem. Is it then frontend or the dashboard, what is begin effected?

6. Theo Jager

with the last updates the display of the folder structure has been changed.
    In previous versions clicking on a folder opened that folder and hided other folders in the tree. It was easy to see which location was chosen, because the folder path remained visible.

In the current version, the selected folder becomes bold but all folders remain visible. The content of the selected folder is displayed under the last folder in the tree.
    IMO that rather user unfriendly and quite different on how ie the explorers in modern OS’s are designed.
    Is there an option to have the ‘classic’ UI back?

With the new short code for displaying a folder in a post and the argument “folders=false”, the content of a folder is displayed but the folder path is completely missing.
    Do we have an option to display something like bread crumbs, or show the parent folders like in the classic view?

Thanks,
    Theo

hi Theo,

folders are going through a change right now, the first step was implanted in version 3.9.6. Im working on the next iteration that will hopefully meet your need just be patient.

sorry that was just a debugging message I forgot to remove. It will have no ill affect on mDocs. I will remove it on the next update.

7. Anfield

May I know how to add a description of a document to show on description tab of a post? When adding a document, I can only input Title and document path. After uploading, when I click on the file name > file option > descrption, it just pop up an empty box and a close button. Would you please advise, thanks.

When adding or updating a file the description can be found at the bottom of the modal, enter in any content there.

goto mdocs dashboard, Options > Settings > Displayed File Properties > and check Show upload description

2. Anfield

Great! many thanks. However, the problem now is I am managed to input the description but the content does not show up in the post’s description tab.

8. Rebecca Hedberg

I have created an extensive database using your plug-in and today I logged on to find that none of the files are visible front-end, out of the blue. No recent changes have been made to the file-system. I updated to 3.9.6.1.1 thinking it might resolve the issue but no luck. I ran a server compatibility check and it came up with an issue : “Imagick Installed – Imagick is used to create pdf thumbnails.” Is this what’s made everything dissapear front-end?

Obviously all files are marked as public and published. The only edit I’ve made to their visibility is that I did not want some of them to be downloadable for non-members. But this edit was made over a year ago and has never affected the files’ visibility front-end. I have two parent folders. One folder is public and one folder is hidden in a password protected menu. This has also never been an issue for their visibility.
    Would really appreciate som help. Here’s a link to the page where the public folder used to be: http://www.brinn.se/motesprotokoll/

What has happened?

Sincerely
    Rebecca

Can you see the files from the dashboard? if so try this, goto the mdocs dashboard, then goto the folder that has the issue. Click the checkbox beside the title “Name” then press the “Batch Edit” button. Scroll down to the bottom of the page making sure all files say public and then press the “Save” button. Now go back to the frontend site and see if the files are visible.

If you can’t see the files from the dashboard try using the Options > File Lost Files application in the mdocs dashboard.

1. Rebecca Hedberg

I can see all files from the dashboard.
        I have two parent folders. Let’s call them A and B. Both have subfolders with varying numbers of files in them. A is downloadable by NM, B is not.

I attempted your suggested fix with two subfolders, one from each parent. With no luck in either case I am afraid to say.

What icons do you see beside the name of the file in the document list of the folder having issue. Specifically do you see a crossed out eye or a lock beside the file.

just for a test can you disable hide from non-members from the setting menu and see if the files are visible. Once tested reenable that setting.

2. Rebecca Hedberg

I tried hiding from all and the un-hiding from all. It did not work. Hiding from all NM was never assigned from settings. It has been assigned for each individual file since I only wanted one of the parent folders to be hidden from NM.
            What else can I try? At this point I’d gladly give you access because I have no idea what the issue could possibly be.

9. Bruno

Hi

I have a problem with the presentation of my page.

The website is https://www.zugerimker.ch/wordpress

Under Navigation -> News -> Downloads, I list 5 categories (Example [mdocs cat = "Forms"]).

The width of the content is not the same size as on the other pages. But only if I insert mdocs cat.

How and where can I solve this?

Thanks for the help, Bruno

can you give me the exact page that is having the issues, I can’t find it with the current link.

10. Joel

Translations?
    Hi!
    Using 3.9.5. Woluld like to translate/change the text of “Folders” “No files found in this folder” and “Download”… ie.

Where Do I find that possibilty?
    /Joel

1. Joel

Ok, thanx! Iยดll create an account. Can I post anomously to you?
        Is it posible to edit locally on our server first, in some sort of language file? Really need the translations live asap. Also Download, Desc, Preview etc…
        /Joel

Sure just post your username here.

Unfortunately there is no quick translation fix, you have to go through the WordPress translation portal.

11. Giant

Hi

I want to know whether on installing this plugin on a page all registered users can upload and all can see uploaded contents.

Kindly reply me wiht clarifications if any so that I can install and start using the same

Regards

12. Amanda

Hi. is it possible that the plugin don’t show the upload button i the system for some specific users (both front and backend), so that it is only administrators who are allow to upload files?

to configure the button got the mDocs dashboard > Options > Settings > Roles and Capabilities > Allow to Upload and Allow to Upload Frontend and check the roles you want to give access to uploading documents.

13. Julien Pelloquin

We would like to use your plugin for our company intranet site.
    It is excellent, congrats !
    Nevertheless i don’t understand how to manage different versions of a same document (left click on a doc–>box : other versions).
    Is this feature available ? It would be perfect for me ! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thanks for your answer and bravo !

Julien

To upload a new version, simply click on the file you want to change and press the manage file link. Then upload a new file.

Once upload the versions change be viewed by clicking the the manage version link

14. Allan

Hoping you can help.
    Our organisation is considering using your plugin as we are migrating from a much older html based system to wordpress.
    We currently have about 2000 files and an accompanying CSV with the categorie names and tags.
    Is there a way of importing all these so they are in the correct folder and tagged?
    Currently the only way I can see of making folders is manually one at a time and we have hundreds.

Also as a site note, when testing this plugin and I try to export the library, I get this:

Sorry you are unauthorized to download this file.
    If you have an account with this site, you can try the following links to download the file:

Finally and apologies for this wall of text, if you are able to answer these questions, it would help us:
    Is there a way of having file type icons for the files in the library? PDF, DOCX etc. I have icons ready to use but at the moment all we see are text links, which is fine, but a more visual flair would be good.

Can the size of the library be changed? The folder icons for example are a bit small for our clients, if we could change them or increase the size, that would be awesome.

Unfortunately there is no quick way to create folders. You can batch upload file but folder creation is manual.

For the unauthorized message make sure you WordPress upload folder is accessible, you may have permission to the folder set incorrectly.

Icons are available in the mDocs settings > Configuration Settings > Hide File Type Icons uncheck this value.

Changing text is also a in the mDocs Settings > Configuration Settings > Document List Font Size

15. Blair

Hi there –
    I’m using mDocs on a client site and they are looking to for some way of being able to search the content of PDFs that are uploaded to their document library. They were looking at using SearchWP but it says it can only search PDFs that are included in the Media Library. I don’t think it’s possible, but do you know of a way to search the contents of a PDF in mDocs?

Many thanks.