1,090 thoughts on “Contact Me

1. Eddie

After installing and testing, the Edit Folder link in the admin window quit working and is freezing up wordpress backend. Unable to do anything with the plugin. I tried to deactivate, delete and reinstall it but it does the same thing after reinstall. Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

2. Antho

Hello

Several questions :
    1) Possible to display the number of documents in the subfolders?
    2) The shortcode [mdocs cat = "The Category Name"] does not work.
    I created a “BlaBla” folder with subfolders but when I put the shiortcode [mdocs cat = "BlaBla"], it does not show me the BlaBla list or these subfolders. He does not show me anything else.

1) No you currently can’t, it will be added to the feature request list thou.
      2) you can’t use spaces in the shortcode it should look like this [mdocs cat="The Category Name"] if that doesn’t work trying using the button located in the Classic Block its an “m” logo.

3. stefan

Thanks for the great plugin.
    I use it for our choir to distribute exercise files (pdf and mp3).

The plugin works very well.

Only under I-Phone and I-Pad I can not download neither with Safari nor with firefox mp3. “He” tries to play them directly and fails.
    The PDF files are not a problem when downloading.

With a MAC OS or Android devices, however, it is not a problem.

What is the trigger?
    Apple’s IOS and their rights concept.
    My apache webserver
    the WordPress installation
    or
    MDocS

Thanks for looking over

4. Nic Tenthorey

The plugin is exactly what I was looking for. Is there a way to remove the Donate button on the upload page? Like a paid or registered version? Looks kind of cheap on my intranet with a donate button

5. Adam

I’m having issues with the plugin. I’ve used it on other sites before, so when I encountered this problem, I was quite surprised. When I installed and activated the plugin, it does not show on the left-hand admin bar when I log into my WordPress. I’ve tried installing from WordPress, and extracting the file from the zip file itself and uploading it. Nothing is fixing the issue. Am I able to receive assistance? Thank you

To fix this you need to download another plugin.

then check the admin capiablites and make sure you have the following:

mdocs_allow_upload
      mdocs_allow_upload_frontend
      mdocs_batch_delete
      mdocs_batch_edit
      mdocs_batch_move
      mdocs_manage_options
      mdocs_manage_settings

if not add them and make sure they are checked.

6. test

Hi, thanks for a great plugin, we use Memphis Docs on our site. I noticed recently (21:st Jan, 2019) that downloading zip files using Firefox and Safari sometimes failed, whereas it worked all the time in Chrome. I tested both on Mac and on Windows, same thing happened. Tried on different networks with same result. This has never happened before, so might have something to do with the last update 3.9.15 ?

I am not seeing this occurring when using both Safario and Firefox on Mac and Windows. Please refer to your apache logs for more details into what is causing the error.

7. Matthew Jenne

Is there a way to set mdocs to display the document “Title” instead of the file name on the public side of the site? In the admin panel, the Title shows with the filename following it. On the public side I’m only getting the filename. I’d prefer to only get the “pretty title” I defined when I uploaded the documents.

Head to mDocs dashboard Options > Settings > Configuration Settings > UI Options > and check Hide File Name

1. Matthew Jenne

I’d tried that, but when I do… it removes the only thing actually referring to the file. Meaning… I get nothing in the name column for the file. This is even though names show up in the admin panel and have been defined for each document.

Not sure if these will work or not, but
        Admin panel: http://w2rme.us/downloads-admin.png
        Public Site: http://w2rme.us/downloads-public.png
        Configuration: http://w2rme.us/configuration-settings.png

Please note… Mdocs is not installed on the w2rme.us domain. That is a dev domain I have. The real site is at https://cvara.net/downloads/

the file forms.css on line 1566:

.btn-group {
          position: relative;
          font-size: 0;
          white-space: nowrap;
          *margin-left: .3em;
          }

remove the line font-size: 0; will fix your problem.

8. Julie Whitmire

I downloaded the plug in and it didn’t create the document library in the admin panel. I have the short code [mdocs] on the page but there are no settings button on the drop down list. I looked at the screenshots and they show Memphis Docs on the panel and mine doesn’t have it. What am I doing wrong? I would love to get this up and working and make a donation to your app. I am still building the website. I have gone and uninstalled it and reinstall it, nothing happened. I deactivated it and deleted it and downloaded it again and still nothing is showing up on the admin panel. I read the other posts but it seems like no one else is having the problem and I read how people love the plugin, so there must be a way to get the settings and installed on the panel.

looks like you have removed admin role rights. To fix this you need to download another plugin.

then check the admin capiablites and make sure you have the following:

mdocs_allow_upload
      mdocs_allow_upload_frontend
      mdocs_batch_delete
      mdocs_batch_edit
      mdocs_batch_move
      mdocs_manage_options
      mdocs_manage_settings

if not add them and make sure they are checked.

9. Ary

First of all Thank you for this great plugin!
    I have some issues regarding the Frontend Upload button. The button it used to work perfectly, but I noticed that after a recent update it stopped to work. I haven’t changed any of the settings. Do you have any ideas of what it might be?

Thank you!

1. Ary

Hi, Thanks for your reply,

10. Ben Kent

HI I am having some problems with Memphis Docs on my site. The documents page is here:

The problem I am having is that none of the links work. Clicking on the folders does nothing, and clicking on the files just takes you back to the top of the page. I did have this working correctly, and I have changed nothing. I am able to get to all of the files and folders via the backend. Do you have any idea what may be causing this?

1. roddy

I have the same problem.I’m still having issues with the Frontend Upload button, when I click it it looks like it’s not working, but in reality the options are shown in transparent… How can I fix that?

you have a style conflict with either your theme or another plugin. Without seeing you site and change say how to fix it.

11. Joshua Khan

My name is Joshua Khan, I need assistance with the preview in my theme. The preview is greyed out and cannot close it. I have to refresh my page for it to close.

Really love the Document Manager! Kindly assist,, i do not mind paying for help.

12. Dave

Reading though you revisions you have clearly put a lot of effort into linking to Box. Does this allow backing documents up to Box as well as using their Viewer?

its actually doing that already. if you look in your Box admin console all your files will be uploaded there.

1. dave

Thank you for the reply. I am not a “Box” user and was trying to figure out what the advantages of linking to Box would be.

13. Colin

Hello there, thank you for this wonderful plugin. I’m having an issue where I can no longer batch upload by zip file. Even a past zip file that worked will look like its uploading, then take me to a blank page. No files get uploaded. I have tried deleting the folder and trying other folders. I can upload one at a time…but have a large library I need to add. Have tried clearing cache and multiple browsers. all WP and your plugin are up to date. It worked fine in the past! Please help! THANK YOU!!!

then check the admin capiablites and make sure you have the following:

mdocs_allow_upload
      mdocs_allow_upload_frontend
      mdocs_batch_delete
      mdocs_batch_edit
      mdocs_batch_move
      mdocs_manage_options
      mdocs_manage_settings

if not add them and make sure they are checked.

1. Glenn Lund

I too am having this problem, and where it gets funny is that the user role “mdocs_manage_settings” is missing.
        I have tried to remove the WordPress plugin and reinstall it. Same problem.
        It is a brand new WordPress installation (5.0.3)

I use your plugin on another site, it is brilliant, so thanks for it.

To fix this you need to download another plugin.

then check the admin capiablites and make sure you have the following:

mdocs_allow_upload
            mdocs_allow_upload_frontend
            mdocs_batch_delete
            mdocs_batch_edit
            mdocs_batch_move
            mdocs_manage_options
            mdocs_manage_settings

if not add them and make sure they are checked.

14. Tim Grice

I have noticed an issue with the preview feature following recent updates. The feature works properly except for when using it from the “all files” list. In this instance, the preview box goes to the far right and isn’t completely visible. Unfortunately, the front end upload does the same thing. I am using Kleo theme. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It a theme style issue, is your site open to the public if so please provide a link to the problem pages.

15. deep

Feature Request.
    Can we have a button for front end delete on each file for specific users, just like we have the upload feature for specific users?

16. Mike Thomas

This is an AWESOME plugin. Thanks so much for developing it. I have 1 question… I have created a page on my site which displays a list of documents that have been uploaded. Is it possible to hide the file extension so it just displays the file name?)

Mike

No you an only display the Title or the filename. My suggestion would be to just have all your titles the filename without the extension.