1,130 thoughts on “Contact Me

1. Méziane Bourassé

I am just building a site and use Memphis Doc to share some documents with other users of my site (not a public site).
    For the moment all is ok with your plugin except to update documents already loaded…
    I’d like to know if there is a special way to replace a document (means that able to upload a new version of a document without changing id in order to not break links already in place in my different posts?

Thanks in advance
    Best regards

1. Méziane Bourassé

ooops, sorry but just after having send my comments I have found the answe, so you can delete my comments if you want!

Best regards

2. bonmariage

“banner-builder/rentree” was a Banner prensent into the banner menu from wordpress.
    I delete it and now… the uploading runs perfectly.

I don’t understand the link between MDocs and Banner, but this is ok for me.

3. Stephan

Hey i’ve messaged before regarding some issues ive had in the past.

Got a few more.

Firstly, wondering if you had added the feature to have more subfolders.

Also, i’ve got the upload button short-code stating that file status is set to private and the post status to pending yet all accounts can still see the upload, i was under the impression that only an admin and the user uploading could see the file. Any clues?

No the feature has not been added yet. Having had a lot of time for new features these days.

can you show me the shortcode you are using that would be helpful.

1. stephan

Thats fine i thought i would just ask 🙂

The code im using is: [mdocs_upload_btn file_status="private" file_status_edit="false" post_status="private" post_status_edit="false"]

The thing is when uploading, the fields for file and post are set to private and un-editable but once clicking upload, the file is visible for all users and published.

Yes it is a bug, but you can fix it easily can file_status="private" to file_status="hidden"

the drop down menu will display the wrong information but it will save the file as private.

I will release a new version with the proper value soon.

4. Hafiz

I have few folder created under memphis docs. Before this all user able to view and download the files, but recently the folder link button is not clickable. Any ideas what might causing the link unclickable?

5. CPS

We have a request for more information regarding downloads and if any geographic data is available for a documents downloads. Does the plug-in collect information of that nature?

Thanks,
    Chris

6. Ray Hand

Sorry – I sent you a query before registering, so it probably vanished into the ether. Here it is again, hopefully visible now…

First, let me say that Memphis Document Library is brilliant. The trouble is that I’m not. There are things I don’t get – help me please. I’ve got 3 Main Folders: Documents, New Folder and (a second) New Folder. I can enter files into each (because I know which “New Folder” is which) but it would be nice to give these New Folders descriptive names. So…

Question 1: How do I name these folders?

Next using the “m” toolbox route, I can display my lists, and the shortcodes generated look like this:

[mdocs folder="mdocuments" hide_folder="true" sort_value="default" is_descending="true"]
    [mdocs folder="mdocs-cat-1" hide_folder="true" sort_value="default" is_descending="true"]
    [mdocs folder="mdocs-cat-2" hide_folder="true" sort_value="default" is_descending="true"]

Again, this is OK because I know which “mdocs-cat-x” corresponds to the right list, but these shortcodes give rise to 2 more questions:

Question 3: Where can I find desciptions of these shortcode options (e.g. is_descending=”true”)?
    Question 4: What’s the difference between the first of these (with folder=”mdocuments”) and the shortcode [mdocs cat="Documents"] – the output looks the same to me?

The test page on my web site which uses these can be found under menu item Testbed > File Lists. I have edited my options to deliver the lists with minimum clutter – i.e. names and dates only.

got it the first time, I’m having trouble with email notifications right now so I hadn’t realized there where comments on the site.

7. Ray Hand

Memphis Documents Library is great – it does exactly what I want – but there are things I can’t figure, and it’s making me feel stupid. Using Memphis Docs > Options > Edit Folders, I now have 3 Main Folders – called Documents, New Folder and (a second) New Folder. I know which “New Folder” to use for my different file lists, but it would be more elegant if I could name the “New” ones in a more descriptive way. so…

Question 1: how do I give a folder a name?

Next, when I use the “m” toolbar option to “Add mDocs Folder” to a page (e.g. for Documents, and the two New Folders) the shortcodes used are:

I know which “mdocs-cat-x” folder refers to what, but these shortcodes raise 2 more questions…

Question 2: where can I find a list of these shortcode options (hide_folder=”true” etc)?
    Question 3: what’s the difference between the first of these (folder=”mdocuments” plus other options) and shortcode [mdocs cat="Documents"]? Both seem to yeild the same.

My web site “lists” page used in the above is at menu item Testbed > File Lists.
    In anticipation, many thanks.

1. When in the edit folder area just click on the name “New Folder” and enter in whatever text you want once finished click the save button at the bottom of the page.

• hide_folder = Hide all folders from the shortcake
      • sort_value = is how you want the files to be sorted
      • is_descending = what way you want your file to be list ascending or descending

that is the complete list.
      3. folder is the new tag and cat is depreciated value both do the same thing, moving forward alway use folder.

1. Ray Hand

Aaaagh – I should have spotted that. I’ve clicked in the “New Folder” box many times but, not seeing a “please start typing” cursor appear on the screen, I assumed the box was a read-only box. So, I’m not only stupid, but I’m also extremely embarrassed – and all because I wasn’t brave enough to actually touch the keyboard. Jeez – I’m hoping nobody I know is tuning in here. Anyway Bhaldi, a thousand thanks. Best regards – Ray.

8. Vincent

I get a 404 error when I want to upload a pdf file via the “manage file” option
    Since few weeks, I can only add new files via the “process ftp folder”button. By the normal way, the result of posting is “404 error”
    What can I do?

this is a frontend upload, does it work when you try and upload using the backend ?

can you tell me what “banner-builder/rentree” is this is causing the issue. It is injected itself into links. Is this a plugin a theme?

9. Bert

I am a starter.
    Creating my first site.
    I would like to use Memphis Docs as my main page.
    But somehow I do not succeed (mixing up with themes and plugins )
    And when I go to Memphis docs in the Admin dashboard I do not get any submenu’s
    Did I do something wrong during the installation
    Can you help me get on the way ?

Head to Settings > Reading > Your homepage displays > Check “A static page (select below)” then select the “Docuemnts” page

You have to create submenus head to mDocs dashboard > Options > Edit Folders.

10. Randall

Hello : looking to use this plug in but after two specific features:
    1. Space for a document description, 500 character or more idea
    2. Adding searchable tags to each document

Hope you can assist!

1. there is no limit to the number of charters in a description as far as I know
      2. you can tag your files already when you are adding or uploading a file there is a field called tags add all the tags you want. I suggest if you want them searchable you download a plugin that happened tag search, there are many out there.

11. Abhishek

I have issue with the size of table while using [mdocs cat=" " ] shortcode on page
    Can you please help me to set height and width of table [mdocs cat=" " ] ???

12. Steve

Hi I have mdocs installed on a divi theme website and it works fine.
    I also added a copy of mdocs on another site on the same server, it uses divi builder with a theme grill theme spacious pro.

When I display all the files using [mdocs] the navi bar is cramped up with no space between folder names, and the text is small.
    When i click on a file to open the sub menu the background is transparent and it makes the options difficult to read.
    I can only get ‘Box’ to display PDF files jpg display as default – I have checked jpg is an allowed file type.
    I have tried disabling plugins to look for conflicts but no joy.

the first issue is a css conflict. is your site public I can have a look.

Box does not display image files that is done locally.

13. Velin

Hi, will you help me with that issue with Charitas theme?
    I’ve tried to post a link with screenshots several times, but obviously it is not allowed on this chat..

Velin
    February 4, 2019 at 5:05 pm

I’ll try, but if you can tell me where to send you some screenshots, it would be easier 🙂
    So, I’m using the main menu. It has a three-level tree structure with sub-pages. When you try to reach a page from the third level, you actually are not able to click it because the whole list disappears. This behavior is noticed only when you open the menu from the homepage, or from any page that have code from the plugin.

14. Jason Cowper

Can we add folders for upload using the plug in

I can only load individual files but can not group them into folders

If we can use folders can people open the folders and drill down to find what they need

You can use the batch upload tool, found in the mDocs dashboard > Options > Batch Upload.

Yes folders work just the way they work on a computer.

15. Velin

I have a little issue with my site when activate the plugin. The plugin itself works great, but it seems it breaks the webpage main menu.
    I have the latest version of the plugin installed and I’m using Charitas Lite 1.0.7 theme. WordPress is 5.0.3.
    Any advice?
    Thank you!

can you describe the issue with the menu. I have downloaded the theme but I am not seeing where the problem is.

1. Velin

goto mdocs Dashboard Options > Settings > Roles and Capabilities and choose the users roles you want to give the cap “Allow to Upload Frontend”

16. Scott B

Is there a way to add the navbar to a page? It appears to be somewhat configurable. We have several folders we want users to access but I am unable to find a way to show the navbar on our documents page along with the files heirarchy.

the only way to add the navbar is to use the shortcode [mdocs]. The down side is that you cannot choose the folder to open it will always open on the first folder.