1,134 thoughts on “Contact Me

1. John Sparks

Hello

just started using Memphis Docs and everything is working except the preview. I tried the first option “Use Local Document Preview ‘ and nothing pops up. Then I tried the second option “Use Box Document Preview ” and went and setup box and a key as the instructions described but still nothing . I do not get a description or preview. Is there something else I am missing?

I am using memphis docs under the forms page on website

Appreciate it!!
    John

open a browser inspector and let me know if you see any javascript errors. You can also head to the mDocs Dashboard > Options > Settings > Disable Third Party > and try turning off bootstrap frontend.

2. Colin Stearman

Great a powerful plugin. Thanks.

I see it has a long wish list but I would like to add ….

Restrict access to a folder and its contents and sub-folders by logged in role. (Maybe a feature of top level folders would be enough.)

Existing overall restriction to access to logged in members only is excellent, but this would provide even finer control of access.

(New site under development for http://www.mylakeridge.com and it uses your plugin. Donation coming when it goes live!)

Colin

thanks for the comment, I will add the request to the list, if it isn’t there already 🙂

if you want to edit the style of mDocs you can edit the file “memphis-documents.min.css”

check your permission levels on your uploads folder as well as your mdocs folder. Your web user needs read write access to those files.

3. Matt

In the backend, everything has stopped working. None of the buttons work, can’t view folders, can’t delete, can’t edit. Please help

open a browser inspector and tell me what error you are seeing. You are more than likely having a bootstrap issue. Have you changed any setting lately added any new plugins?

4. Miro

I’m unable to upload a document. This is the error I get “Error 503 Backend fetch failed ”
    I was able to upload before. Could you please help?
    Many thanks,

there is are many reason for a 503 error, but most are related to the server itself does not have adequate resources available.. what type of server are you running how much memory, hard drive space etc.

5. Daniel Gepperth

Hi Ian, Hi bhaldie,

first of all I would like to say: the plugin is damn good work.

Then I would have a feature request:
    If you use the plugin as an asset management and at some point many files are stored in it, a search and filter for file names, file types, folders, categories and tags would be great.

Kind regards
    Daniel

it is a feature request already, but have no timeframe as to completion. Thanks for the comment 🙂

6. Jeff

All of my office documents and zip files say they are corrupted when I download them. I can download with ftp and the files are good. PDF files seem to be fine to. Any idea what I can do to fix this issue?

7. Javier Pavón

Hello!

I’m using the last version of WordPress but I don’t know how I can add a Memphis Docs shortcode from the new editor Gutenberg

You would add a Classic block, then click on the M icon to add either a folder or file.

8. Michael Krause

I’ve been using MDocs for a few years and like it very much but I’m having problems giving a new capability the ability to use the frontend upload button. The button is visible and looks like it’s uploading but then gives doesn’t upload and displays the 404 page.

9. jdaze

I am currently having issues with the navigation section of the library. We have many folders with sub folders, but the navigation section of the library is not showing. In settings we currently have “Hide Navbar” unchecked and the “Hide sub folder” options unchecked as well. Is there another web element that needs to be added with the mdocs statement for the nav bar to show? The statement we have on our page currently is below.

[mdocs folder="all" hide_folder="false" sort_value="default" is_descending="true"]

I saw a previous comment about the hide_folder=”false” to get the navigation to show, but that didn’t work for me. I am running version 3.9.20 of mdoc on my site.

10. Robert Forras

We just updated other plugins today and all of sudden all of the subfolders no longer display in the main top level. I have checked the options about hiding nav bars but that didnt help.

1. Robert Forras

[mdocs cat="Health and Safety"]

This has folders inside of the category and this has worked prior to the upgrade of the plugins for WordPress. WE haven’t deployed the latest WordPress update to 5.1.1 and it is currently running WordPress 4.9.2.

add the parameter hide_folder="false" so it will look like this:

[mdocs cat="Health and Safety" hide_folder="false"]

You should look into updating the param cat it is deprecated. The current method is to add a classic block to your page or post then clicking on the m logo and Add mDocs Folder

11. Kelleen

Sorry, I am complete newbie. I am creating a site for an art non-profit. They want all their newsletter and press release in an archive so when they write grants, there is a folder a year, with all the pdfs of the enews and pressreleases. Once I get all the pdf docs loaded to the right folder. How do I get it to show on a page?

simple add the shortcode to any page or post [mdocs]

You can also add a classic block to any page or post and click on the m icon to added individual folder and files.

12. Méziane

I have 2 questions or remarks:
    – I’d like to translate the popup windows used to add a document… but I didn’t find any language file. How can I do (fr the moment I use the php translate facility but it is not the most efficient)
    – Into this popup there is some information I’d like t hide some information like : “Show social Apps”, “Download by Non Members”, “tags”… how can I do?

Thanks in advance

regards

please run the mDocs Dashboard > Options > Test Server Compatibility. I can see already that your php version is out dated and not support by mdocs.

Let me know what the results are.

looking at the screenshot the max_input_var is still set to 1000. Depending on your host you may not be able to change that value without there help.

2. Ronald Griffin

Thank you for your reply.

I already received help from Bluehost who changed the php to 3000. They could not understand why Memphis docs did not update as php was now correct, so they suggested I contact Memphis Doc support.

As I said, I am a newbee… Is 3000 to high? Is my PHP revision okay? Is there any specific question I can ask Blue host to check?

3. Ronald Griffin

I contacted Blue host again. They changed the max_input_vars to 5000 but the server compatibility test still sees 1000. Blue host insists all is working on their end and to check with Memphis Docs that somehow the information is being blocked.

Here is our support log… https://snag.gy/jUteyi.jpg

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

all im using to find out the php setting is ini_get("max_input_vars") which displays the value for you specific php.ini file…. another thing you could do is using the phpinfo(); function on a blank php page to see all your options and there values.

13. João Gabriel de Souza Vale

When I put the Memphis Documents Library file list to any page with the short code [mdocs] they are not showing the name of the files,and i already put to show in the settings

14. Derek West

Hello sir.

We have been using Memphis Docs for our bulletin library for several years & have never run into any significant issues. This past week I started receiving a 503 error when uploading, then this week the 503 error went away but upon upload I get a “File not found” message and our bulletin is not uploaded. Can you please advise our next trouble-shooting suggestions?

Thanks,
    -Derek

try uploading a file, then take a look at your server logs for any errors that may be occurring. Please report the errors back to me.