1,202 thoughts on “Contact Me

1. Graham Preston

Hi Sorry to be a pain but I need to delete this plugin. Although a great plugin but because we are unable to folders we need to use something different.

Every time I try to delete we get the following: “Deletion failed: The site is experiencing technical difficulties.”

We are able to add/remove other plugin not a problem

1. Graham Preston

I was concerned It would not clean up after itself doing that. I will go ahead and remove from file manager

if you want to remove completely:

1. FTP to the uploads directory and delete the mDocs folder.
          2. Open the WordPress database head to the options table and search and delete any reference to “mdocs”

2. Diane Windsor

I have two documents that are around 100MB in size. For some reason I’m not able to update the version by using Manage File from the menu – I get an error. I’m pretty sure it’s a WordPress or IIS problem, but I haven’t figured that out yet. So, I use the FTP folder to upload these files to my library. But, I need to update the version and I can’t see how to do that. I have multiple documents that are the same in this directory in the library, when they should be the same document, but version 1.0 and version 2.0. Is there a way that I can fix that manually, once the FTP folder has been processed?

Thanks for your help, Ian! I do love Memphis Docs, and you’re always very helpful and responsive!

diane

unfortunately no you can’t have different version of the file using the ftp method. Only a normal upload will work with version control. I suggesting taking a look at your php.ini file to figure out how to increase the max_upload_size.

1. Diane Windsor

Yes, I did that. I still think it’s something in IIS. I’m by no means a network or web engineer. I’ll Google some more, and see what I can figure out. Thanks!

3. Diane Windsor

Hi there! Is there a way to point to a different path on a server or external drive, for the \mdocs location? My IT gal is concerned about the available disk space on the current server, and she’d like to be able to point to a different location.

Thanks!
    Diane Windsor

4. Graham

Hi, Is there a ways to import and keep/create the folders so I do not need to manually create each folder and import into individual folders. There are so many sub folders I really do not want to have to manually create them:(
    Thanks in advance
    Great plugin BTW

5. Kim

We have a great need for passwordprotection on files and/or folders. I can see it is on the list for wanted features but can we expect it to be implemented in this plugin and if so, when? Without this feature we are not GDPR compliant.
    Thanks for a great plugin we hope to be able to continue using 🙂

Hi to be honest right now I have no time for new feature for this plugin. I am maintaining it with security updates and bug fixes but features are a very very low priority for me right now.

the Youtube video is very old and the security issue has been fixed for a long time. The second one was news to me and as of version 3.10 has been fixed.

6. Chris

I would really like to use this plugin, however there is one huge show stopper, details as follows:-

I provide electronic service data to a hobby community. All the schematics currently exist on the server within a multi layered directory structure. Your import facility via the “mdocs ftp” folder will only process files and does not recreate the nested directory structure. The zip import facility is the same, a zip of a file structure and files fails as it expects to only process files.

I need to be able to copy a directory structure with its nested files to the “mdoc ftp” folder and have the import facility replicate what it sees into the Memphis document system, Failing that the zip import facility to replicate the structure on import.

If this cannot be done the it would mean me manually recreating the entire nested directory structure, then spending days if not weeks copying groups of files for each directory then processing them. With over 7000, plus files spread across multiple nested directories makes this prospect one I’m not willing to undertake which means I have to walk away from Memphis Document Manager. This is a shame as it looks exactly what we need but for this total show stopper.

Is there a solution?

Regards
    Chris

currently there is no solution for this issue. I have it as a feature right now but to be honest a have no time right now for new features..

7. Trevor

Memphis Documents Library is great. I have encountered a problem however. There was no support for PDF files. I added this but the system refused to add PDF files.

8. Ojohnson

I am considering this plugin for my site. I need to upload various types of files: software updates, pdf, word, video files, etc., which my customers can then download. I want my customers to be assigned a unique username and password, which I approve prior to their being allowed access to the files. I want to be notified when the customer has downloaded one of the files. I want to be able to categorize the files according to my various products.

Is this something your plugin can accommodate?

No the plugins cannot do any of those things. I can add it to the feature list, but I have no time for new features any time soon.

9. Scott

Is this the only available support option?

I installed the plugin and I can upload files, but they only show on the front-end. They don’t show on the back-end list for the admin. I can’t post screenshots here, so I’m not sure what else to provide for help?

10. Ian

Hey! Firstly – great plugin – many thanks for developing it!

Is there a way to display mDocs posts on a page filtered by category? I want to use categories to differentiate between certain status of files e.g. “Published”, “Working” etc. That way, I can change the status by a simple change of category so I don’t need to either re-upload or move the file. For example, it is easy to create an “archive” page for normal posts that lists all posts of a certain category by adding a menu item of type “Categories” – I would like to do the same for mDocs posts. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance…

11. kmp

Is it possible to add more or change the existing document column fields, eg. Document Expiry Date (date), Document Revision No. (manual entry) , Document Status (manual text entry)

12. Oleksandr

About “Memphis Documents Library”.
    What’s maximum file size is allowed?
    I’m trying to upload 51mb and see error 404.

13. Luca

Hello, thanks for sharing the plugin. “Memphis Documents Library” works great.

I was wondering whether it could be possible or not to add a viewer for 3d objects (e.g. “.stl”, “.obj”) and whether it could be possible to store and access files from a local FTP folder (inside a personal server)

Thanks in advance
    Luca

Unfortunately no, the box view preview Does support those file types but it is only available in the paid version of that app.

14. Fawaz

Hey! thnx for the advice, but by using gutenberg its not showing the cool looking top bar which helps the user to know where he is. Any way i can add that top bar when im doing the method u gave above?

15. Fawaz

Hey, is there a way i can create multiple main folders separate from each other? As in a main folder with sub folders in a certain page and a different main folder on an other page. Also, when are there gonna be more than 2 sub folders available, its a very useful feature for me. Lastly, keep up the great work!!

Yes, if you are using Gutenberg create a page or post then add a classic block to the page. You will see in the editor a “m” icon click on that and select the folder option. Pick the options you want and done 🙂

1. Fawaz

There is no “modify batch file button” in mdocs. Please explain in detail what you are doing in order for me to be able to help you.

1. Colin

Sorry for not being clearer. I want to insert a document in the library using PHP in a plugin I am writing. The idea is that a user uploads a file, I check it out, and if it’s OK I want to put it into the library in the appropriate section, along with any additional information needed by your program.
        Right now the only way to put documents in the library is manually via the admin panel it would seem.
        Is that possible with your plugin as it now stands?
        Colin

16. Vladimir Balenko

Hello.

When I running Test Server compatibility in System Requirements field have an red X / Error on Imagick installed – Imagick is used to create pdf thumbnails..

Please your advice