1,202 thoughts on “Contact Me

1. Kat F

Great app! I am asking for assistance with settings > Document List Configuration. There appears to be 100+ empty rows that I cannot remove and appear to be making it so any modification to settings is not working. I have already tried to do “Restore to Default” with no avail. Suggestions?

add this line to the top of the mdocs_run_patch function found in the file mdocs-pataches.php:

update_option('mdocs-displayed-file-info', array());

then goto settings press the save button then remove that line after.

2. Kat F

Under Document List Configuration, there are over 100 blank column rows. I cant find a way to remove them, and i believe they making it so that any settings change is not recognized/saved. I’ve tried to even do a Restore to Default and these empty column rows are still there. Is there a way to remove these rows?

update_option('mdocs-displayed-file-info', array());

then goto settings press the save button then remove that line after.

3. Ian

Is there a way to stop the menu coming up when you click on the file name, and just have the file download or preview instead? Failing that, is there a way, when uploading documents, to have the file description to default to the file name?

Ian

4. John

What great WP plugin!

I’m content with the two-subfolder depth limitation, but I’d really like it if, when displaying a subfolder with hide_folder=”false”, the display showed only the content within that folder (and its subfolders). What actually happens is it displays the whole folder hierarchy leading to the selected folder, allowing the user to navigate above and out of the region of intended interest. Is there any way to achieve this by setting options?

Otherwise, the only work-around I can think of is to use a separate shortcode for each individual subfolder, which requires editing the page whenever a new subfolder is added.

Many thanks.

5. Pauvert Louis

I wanted to know where is stocked the information about the current version of a file? is it in the database? or any file?

6. Will

Super dumb question. After uploading the document, and going to the front end, if I click on the document, I DO NOT get the link to the “Post” with all the detail and social media.

Im sure Im missing something simple, thanks
    Will

7. Rafael Llauradó

Hi, good day.

I installed the plugin and I like it very much, its functions cover very well our needs. Just a detail. Making folders, I received an alert that the plugin allows just 2 level of subfolders. Is there any way we could create more levels of subfolders?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Rafael

8. Tajin

Nice plugin so far. The only real issue I have with it, is that it cannot upload files bigger than the regular upload limit. Would be nice if this had its own setting for that.

The upload also fails silently, without any error message when you exceed the limit.

php sets file limits, I have no way of circumventing that configuration. If you want to upload bigger files you will need to edit your php.ini file.

9. Artur

Hello, congratulations on your work! Very simple and fast!
    Recalls the work of Marek Rei: Encode Explorer! 🙂

I would like to ask how can I easily translate the admin and user interface into Hungarian? Where should I put the memphis-documents-library-en_US.mo file to notice?
    Now I’m changing the words manually in the wp-content / plugins / memphis-documents-library / includes / directory, I’m just afraid the update will overwrite it! 🙁
    The admin interface succeeded, but I cannot find the Description-Last Modified-Download-File Size-File Type column names on the user page. Where can I translate these?
    Thank you in advance for your help!
    hello Artur

1. Artur

Where should I put the memphis-documents-library-en_US.mo file to notice? I cannot find the Description-Last Modified-Download-File Size-File Type column names on the user page. Where can I translate these?
        I’ve already looked at the link you sent, but I can’t understand it. Send it please and I will translate it.
        Thank you in advance for your help!
        hello Artur

10. Greg Ashworth

Hi, I’ve started getting an error when trying to download documents:
    Memphis Documents Error: DOCUMENTNAME.PDF was not found, please contact the owner for assistance.
    The preview says ‘Failed to load PDF document’ with the option to reload.
    I have tried to ‘Find Lost Files’ and ‘File System Cleanup’ options to no effect.
    This doesn’t happen with all files, it only appears to be those initially bulk uploaded when we started using the plugin – they have been accessible in the past though.

Any help would be appreciated.

if you goto Options > Settings > and check Hide All Posts or Hide All Posts (Non Members). As an admin you will always see the link, but any other user type will not.

11. Max Chin

Hi there –
    I received the error below when I try adding a new folder.
    I’ve tried increasing the max_input_vars thru “wp-config.php”, “.htaccess” and also the “php.ini”.
    But I’m still seeing the same error.
    Kinda I’m at the end of my wits here.
    May I know do you have any idea on this?

Thanks and regards
    Max

Memphis Error:
    max_input_vars: 1000 Input variables sent: 1003

Memphis Error:
    You have reached the maxium number of input variable allowed for your servers configuration, this means you can not edit folders anymore. To be able to edit folders again, please increase the variable max_input_vars in your php.ini file.

you must alter the php.ini file, please make sure you have the ability to do that. Some host don’t allow you to manage you php.ini file. A quick test of configuration is to create a php file and add the following code to it this will allow you to view all your configuration setting.

12. Lior Taylor

Hi, is there a way to batch download files from the front end, something like a “download folder” that would throw everything into a zip folder and download it?