1,376 thoughts on “Contact Me

1. Roland Balint

sorry, my html code has been stripped, colspan is empty because of the undefined variable error.
    Roland

2. Roland Balint

Found an error with debug log when the selected folder is empty.
    error: Undefined variable: num_tds in /plugins/memphis-documents-library/includes/mdocs-the-list.php on line 164
    The is empty because of it.
    Roland

3. Mike G

I have set up an account with Box and heave entered the key
    Use Box Document Preview
    However, although I have checked the “Show Print and Download Buttons” and the “Thumbnails” box at the bottom of the settings page, all I see on my site is the file name – not a thumbnail ……..

1. Mike G

I have another problem now – when I choose to upload a new doc, I am only getting a small screen just asking for the file name and the upload box – all of the usual boxes – description etc are missing…..

dashboard > Memphis Docs > Options > Settings > Displayed File Properties > click the ones you want.

you have to turn it on dashboard > Memphis Docs > Options > Settings > Document List Configuration | Controls the style of the document list table

1. Mike G

Yes I do understand – I have been using it for about a year but now things that used to work well have now stopped functioning.
        I do know how to set the lists they and they are appearing on the site how I want them – the thumbnails appear eventually – after about 5 minutes which is no good to me or my visitors.
        The upload has gone wrong – I used to be able to add description, choose which folder etc – that seem to have disappeared – just got file name and upload box…

thumbnail is test and not recommend for normal use. I would suggest not using it if you are using box view. As for the list as I stated below

what is checked in the menu?

1. Mike G

I am using Use Box Document Preview – should I not then have Thumbnails checked – if not how does the thumbnail display?
            The following are checked.
            Name
            Description
            Download
            File Type
            Downloads
            Thumbnails

And the other issue – with the “add new document” button – not giving the usual options…

yes I would disable thumbnail.

look at dashboard > Memphis Docs > Options > Settings > Displayed File Properties > click the ones you want

and let me know what you see.

3. Mike G

so I have generated a key to the Use Box Document Preview etc – should there be some other code to insert somewhere to enable the Box document preview / thumbnails to appear ?

I have uploaded some screen shots and a short video mainly to show you that the add new document function is not working like it did yesterday!

4. Mike G

I am really sorry – I seem to have upset you!
            I have stopped using the Thumbnail ….

I have set up the Box document preview, I have entered the Key but for the life of me there is no “preview button for an individual file” appearing on my site
            I followed your detailed instructions – that is how I got the Key
            I have checked to box – Box View Options
            Show Print and Download Buttons

I am also concerned that the add new document button is not allowing me to add description etc any more….it does appear to be broken…
            I apologise again ..
            Mike

No, I’m not upset just stressing to STOP the uses of thumbnails.

Lets address one issue at a time first lets deal with the document upload button: Can you provide me with a screenshot of the Settings > Displayed File Properties.

Yes I understand what the issue is…. but you aren’t answering my question. Please give me a screen shot of Dashboard > Memphis Docs > Options > Settings > Displayed File Properties

7. Mike G

Thnak you for being so patient…

I have set up the Box document preview, I have entered the Key but there is no “preview button for an individual file” appearing on my site
            I followed your detailed instructions – that is how I got the Key
            I have checked to box – Box View Options
            Show Print and Download Buttons
            You know I am stupid so it has to be something simple I have failed to grasp!

4. Mike G

Document List Configuration – there are dozens of blank lines and when I untick various options they still appear on screen and make the layout impossible to work with on the website….

add this line to the top of the mdocs_run_patch function found in the file mdocs-pataches.php:

update_option('mdocs-displayed-file-info', array());

then goto settings press the save button then remove that line after.

1. Mike g

Hi
        I have looked for the file – mdocs-pataches.php – unable to find it – any ideas where it is situated !

Thnaks

you can find the file in the plugins/memphis-documents-library/ folder using sftp or ftp

the other way is to editor the file in the WordPress dashboard by clicking Plugins > Plugin Editor then selected the mDocs plugin.

1. Mike G

That line is already there ….

function mdocs_run_patch() {
            if(MDOCS_VERSION == ‘3.9.19’ || MDOCS_VERSION == ‘3.9.20’) {
            // 3.9.19 patch 1
            register_setting(‘mdocs-patch-vars’, ‘mdocs-v3-9-19-patch-var-1’);
            add_option(‘mdocs-v3-9-19-patch-var-1’,false);
            if(get_option(‘mdocs-v3-9-19-patch-var-1’) == false && is_array(get_option(‘mdocs-list’))) {
            update_option(‘mdocs-displayed-file-info’, array());
            update_option(‘mdocs-v3-9-19-patch-var-1’, true);
            }
            }
            }

please follow my instructions exactly:

update_option(‘mdocs-displayed-file-info’, array());

then goto settings press the save button then remove that line after.

function mdocs_run_patch() {
            if(MDOCS_VERSION == ‘3.9.19’ || MDOCS_VERSION == ‘3.9.20’) {

// ADD THE LINE HERE!!!!

// 3.9.19 patch 1
            register_setting(‘mdocs-patch-vars’, ‘mdocs-v3-9-19-patch-var-1’);
            add_option(‘mdocs-v3-9-19-patch-var-1’,false);
            update_option(‘mdocs-displayed-file-info’, array());
            update_option(‘mdocs-v3-9-19-patch-var-1’, true);
            }
            }
            }

3. Mike G

I followed your instructions – Hi even worse!
            There are now a hundred or so empty boxes in the settings page

Please describe exactly what you did. You must have skipped a step.

1. Open mdocs-pataches.php
            2. Add this update_option('mdocs-displayed-file-info', array()); under this:
            Old

function mdocs_run_patch() {

New

function mdocs_run_patch() {
            update_option('mdocs-displayed-file-info', array());

3. Goto Memphis Docs > Options > Settings
            4. Scroll to bottom of page
            5. Press Save Button
            6. Remove the new line from the file.

2. Mike G

Ok now fixed
          You originally said to insert the line as below

function mdocs_run_patch() {
          if(MDOCS_VERSION == ‘3.9.19’ || MDOCS_VERSION == ‘3.9.20’) {

// ADD THE LINE HERE!!!!

// 3.9.19 patch 1
          register_setting(‘mdocs-patch-vars’, ‘mdocs-v3-9-19-patch-var-1’);

add_option(‘mdocs-v3-9-19-patch-var-1’,false);

update_option(‘mdocs-displayed-file-info’, array());
          update_option(‘mdocs-v3-9-19-patch-var-1’, true);
          }
          }
          }

Then to insert it below the line here
          function mdocs_run_patch() {

It has worked – many thanks

5. Danielle

Preview option from the dropdown doesn’t work, everything freezes and the page must be reloaded. I tried adding a Box Preview and I get a 404 Document Not Found error on each document, with no further information.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

1. Danielle

Yes, download works fine from the document list table. The preview on the post page works fine. But the preview from the dropdown is what freezes and does not allow any functions or download.

can you take a look at your apache logs and see if you can see any errors that may help?

6. Sam Gordon

Hi there,
    When a user goes to “preview” a file, an error comes up that says “Sorry you are unauthorized to download this file. If you have an account with this site, you can try the following links to download the file: Direct Download: This link is a direct download of the file, enter you username and password and the download will start. Redirect to Page: This link will redirect you to a download page, enter your username and password to be directed to that page.” However, this is happening to users while already logged in to the site. At the same time, the Download button itself is still working properly (with no additional login required), just the preview is causing the issue. Any ideas?

7. Kirill

I am getting these java script errors on the front end when using your plugin on a page:
    ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    TypeError: window.wp is undefined
    ReferenceError: tinymce is not define

How can I disable your tinymce functionality – I do not needed on the front end

Your plugin is excellent, but it conflicts with my Divi builder and I am unable to edit text sections when I use your short code on a page because TinyMCE is not loaded properly
    user editor
    LyTfQC#y

Appreciate any help

There is no easy way to turn off the editor it is part of mDocs. Unfortunately Divi builder is not compatible with mdocs.

8. Ulises

Hi can you help me you know why the preview menu its not showing on page and the links are not working to download/preview document shortcode

9. Bill Suarez

I’m seeing this error and would appreciate some guidance:

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
    WordPress version 5.3.2
    Current theme: Velux (version 1.1.3)
    Current plugin: Memphis Documents Library (version 3.10.5)
    PHP version 7.2.24

Error Details
    =============
    An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 64 of the file /home/zhaio8j1g0hc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/memphis-documents-library/plugins/mdocs-col-thumbnail-example.php. Error message: Uncaught ImagickException: Failed to read the file in /home/zhaio8j1g0hc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/memphis-documents-library/plugins/mdocs-col-thumbnail-example.php:64
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/zhaio8j1g0hc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/memphis-documents-library/plugins/mdocs-col-thumbnail-example.php(64): Imagick->__construct(‘/home/zhaio8j1g…’)
    #1 /home/zhaio8j1g0hc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/memphis-documents-library/includes/mdocs-file-info-small.php(106): mdocs_display_thumbnail(Array)
    #2 /home/zhaio8j1g0hc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/memphis-documents-library/includes/mdocs-the-list.php(157): mdocs_display_file_info(Array, 1, ‘mdocuments’, Array)
    #3 /home/zhaio8j1g0hc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/memphis-documents-library/includes/mdocs-dashboard.php(34): mdocs_the_list()
    #4 /home/zhaio8j1g0hc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/memphis-documents-library/includes/mdocs-dashboard.php(15): mdocs_dashboard_view()
    #5 /home/zhaio8j1g0hc/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): mdocs_dashboard(

You can do one of two things. Install the php module imagick, or disable the thumbnail plugin by going to the Dashboard > Memphis Docs > Options > Settings > Document List Configuration > uncheck “Show in Table” Thumbnails

1. Theo Jager

Apologies, it is caused by the plugin WP FullText Search Pro. With this plugin disabled the buttons work fine.

Hello, I use the theme Twenty Twelve. I don’t do much work with themes so I can really recommend one.

10. Jeff Waismann

Hello, great plugin!
    There’s a way to disable download even for logged users (memebers)?
    So they can only view the documents on a window, and even on that window no download possible?

Thank you!

the is no way to have members or any users for that matter have the ability to see the contents of a file without the ability to download it. If they can see it, then its possible to download it.

1. Jeff Waismann

Can you make a paid version that does that?
        I know that some users will be able to get the pdf anyway, but I just don’t want the download option visible.
        Thank you.

mDocs is basically in maintenance mode, I fix bugs only. I don’t have the time to add new functionality anymore.

11. Roland Balint

Thank you for the plugin.
    I have run into an issue where I am unable to select columns to show, instead it always goes to a preset, also I have about 1500 empty lines showing opposed to the 12 originally (“Document List Configuration”). It seems like every time I hit save it adds more empty rows.
    Thank you again.

update_option('mdocs-displayed-file-info', array());

then goto settings press the save button then remove that line after.

12. Steve G

HI first off great plugin!! We are storing many large size PDF’s in our folder structure, some larger than 100MB. I have noticed a very slow loading time and no loading icon when browsing to a folder with many large PDF’s inside it. Is there anything that can be done to decrease the loading times?

13. Scott

I’m so lost on this issue…

I have two websites. mDocs works on one and not the other. Same server. Same theme. Same plug-ins. All latest versions, including PHP version.

On the one I need, mDocs has “loading…” and no save/update button. It also doesn’t save when I attempt to use the upload form. The save button was clickable, but it didn’t save it. No errors — just returns to the main page. I’ve checked every setting I can think of and it should be a perfect duplicate to the other test site. Any idea what is going on here???

1. Scott

I found I can’t uninstall the plugin. Gives a critical error. I manually removed it and turned on error display. Re-downloaded and installed. When I attempt to activate the plugin, it returns the following error:

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/vhosts/route66ultimateguide.com/members.route66ultimateguide.com/wp-content/uploads/mdocs/mdocs-files.bak): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/route66ultimateguide.com/members.route66ultimateguide.com/wp-content/plugins/memphis-documents-library/includes/mdocs-settings.php on line 48

this is a one time warning that should not effect mDocs. As for the uninstall issue I am aware of the problem and am working on a solution.

more than likely you have a javascript error on the second site, open a browser inspector and look for any errors please report them.

14. Alex Barrett

Hi

Using your Plugin on our Club site.

I have three Folders “General Club Docs”, “Committee Minutes” and “Forms”.
    These may be accessed by authorised members to our Form.

I have placed this in a Widget to the right of the page.

You can see all files from all folders uploaded as you would expect.

Can I segregate the documents by folder in the Widget?
    Or
    Split Folders across multiple Widgets staking them in a colomn?

Alex

15. James Round

Hi, been using your plugin for some time now, it’s really good, so thanks for that!
    We’ve recently created a new wordpress user as a contributor and, through the mDocs settings, given them access to upload, edits, delete and so on. They get the Memphis docs menu and can upload documents, but the ‘M’ button available on the toolbar to insert docs/folders when creating content is missing. Is there a way for us to allow access to this?

I appreciate we can manually do it via shortcode, but as this is a little more complex and has more room for user error, I’m hopefuly the ‘M’ button can be put in place for them.

Many thanks

I will have a fix out soon for this in the meantime you can edit the file mdocs-shortcodes.php line 152 from this:

if (current_user_can( 'edit_posts' ) && current_user_can( 'edit_pages' ) && get_user_option( 'rich_editing' ) == 'true' ) {

to this:

if(get_user_option( 'rich_editing' ) == 'true' ) {

this should fix your issue.