1,380 thoughts on “Contact Me

1. Guillaume

Hello !
    I’m looking for some special feature : I want to know who download the files I share : I want to share file with members of groups and I have to know if and when they downloaded the document.
    So 2 questions : is it possible to share documents to a specific users group ?
    Can I have a liste of the users who dowloaded the files ?

Guillaume

unfortunately there is not advanced tracking of downloads. You can however make files available to certain groups or users by making them contributors of a file.

you can, add a classic block to your page, then select the m icon and press ‘Add Folder’ and select hide folders.

1. Michael McNew

When I did that, I didn’t see the subfolders. I have a structure like this:

Main Folder
        -> Folder
        —> Sub-Folder
        ——> PDF
        ——> PDF
        ——> PDF
        —> Sub-Folder
        ——> PDF
        ——> PDF

I want to show “Folder” and all the files, subfolders, and subfolder files in it without showing the Main Folder.

I will adde it to features, but at this time I have no bandwidth to add new features to mDocs. I maintain it and fix any bugs that come up but that is about it.

2. Alex Felicioni

Hi.
    the plugin is amazing but i need allow users to upoad only zipfiles and a preview image in png or jpg format.
    if after upload file goes to memphis posts and include a featured image in post its what i need, but only editors and administrators can access this feature.
    i need on realy that collaborators or subscribers can access only his posts to edit end all posts to download.
    how can i do it?

you can do this, its simple as heading to the mDocs dashboard > Options > Settings > Roles and Capabilities and check ‘Allow to Upload’ for collaborator and subscribers. This will allow them to upload files from the dashboard which they would own and can edit. Only them and administrators will have access to editing the files.

As for the preview image that will not be possible with mdocs.

3. Steven Taylor

Hi we’ve just suddenly started experience this redirect issue but we’re on the latest version of the plugin.

Never had an issue before, always been a great plugin.

4. Jhon Kensey

Hey,
    Your plugin is so sweet, I love it.
    But There is something I would like to know, Is there a way to password protect some files ? And no one can download the file without the password?
    Is there a way to use conditional view for some files, I mean for example: Someone must have a certain level of user s on my site to be able to see the files and download them. Just like how premium account works.

there is no password protection.

you could make the file private then allow specific users access to it from the manage file drop down. You can add a specific group type or user ‘Contributors’

5. George

Good Day,
    I appreciate your work and your support.

I’m not sure if you can assist me, but I’m using a specific theme called “Apex Business” and facing some issues with the style.
    Theme link: https://wordpress.org/themes/apex-business/

The issue with the Navbar and the Action list (Right Click on the File) when I choose the Full-Width Templet
    You can check the screenshots below:

I really need your advise, as I don’t want to change the Theme (It is working fine with other themes), You will be able to test the Plugin with the Theme, as it is free.

Thank you.

unfortunately its not an easy fix, there is a lot going on with that theme style that is conflicting with mDocs.

6. Emmanuel

I really love this plugin, it’s easy to customize, it has a great dashboard.
    But I have an issue, files can’t be downloaded. When I click on a file, I am supposed to have a displayed window with options to download the file, but It doesn’t show it. So, any file can’t be downloaded from the front end but I can upload from the front end. How can I have this fixed ? I need to be able to download files, since it’s the main purpose of having it.
    Asides that, I am enjoying the plugin and happy to donate to help the developers going forward.

sounds like a javascript error, check you browser inspector. You can also try disabling third party applications from the mDocs Settings menu.

7. Rogers Mukalele

Hello, the plugin is great, I am only having a challenge when the listing of documents becomes long how can I create some kind of pagination to list like 50 documents at a time on a page? Check out the website (hyperlinked on my name) as an example.

unfortunately a have not implemented pagination, the only solution would to be create folders that contain 50 files. I know its not a perfect solution but that’s the best I can offer right now.

8. Dan

This plugin looks perfect for what I need!

In the short code section is says “This still works but you are better off using the “Add mDocs Folder” button, found at the top of the page editor” I can’t see the button anywhere? I know I’m being stupid but where should I be looking? (sorry new to wordpress)

Thanks in advance.

9. Stephen

HI
    All working ok – lI am looking for a way to disable the right sidebar in a Memphis ‘Post’ if I open a post I don’t see the usual selection box for display options?

10. Josan

Firstly thank you for your work, I have installed it, but it gives me problems, there are times when the message that there are no files appears, the directories are seen but the files are not, it happens both on pc and mobile, I have to clear the browser cache so that it is solved, for example I leave it working at night and in the morning the problem jumps, I would appreciate any suggestion or help. Thank you

1. Josan

I am sorry, I do not have much experience and I do not know if it refers to the configuration that I have in the memphis doc plugin itself or the configuration in wordpress, I would greatly appreciate your opinion and help as it brings me upside down

1. Josan

I have checked how the files appear on my computer, where they are lost is on the mobile, I have the wptouch plugin installed, as I tell you if I delete cookies and the browser’s cache of the mobile, the files reappear, and within a few hours they disappear. I’m already crazy about this, thanks for your patience and help.
            Here I leave links to the images of my settings in memphis doc, I did not know how to make you see it if it is not in this way.

have you tried disabling all plugins and try a default theme to see if the problem is still there.

11. Sheldon

Hi Bhaldie,

Is there a way to do a batch edit on the ‘description’ field? I have a lot of ebook descriptions to do, and doing it one my one is very slow.

Are there any other methods?

Thanks, Sheldon

12. Mike

Superb docs library plugin, but everything works fine on the PC, however the library does not appear on tablets or smartphones.

WordPress version 5.4.1
    Mdocs Plugin Version 3.10.7
    Theme Avira Version : 3.0.12
    Php 7.1

test server compatibility is good.

Please, thank you for your help.
    Mike

please try and disable all plugins and use a default theme and see if the problem is still there.

13. Sheldon St. Clair

I have just activated the mDoc plugin.

Is there a user manual or videos available to show me how to use the plugin.

I am creating a membership site and I will create a page for my digital library.

Regards, Sheldon

sorry, I don’t have the time for creating documentation at this point. I can try and answer your question thou.

1. Sheldon St. Clair

OK, thanks Bhaldie,

My question. How do I edit the Author field? It is currently blank when I upload a PDF eBook but I want the field to contain the author’s name.

Regards, Sheldon

You have to fill out the author field manually. To activate the author field head to Options > Settings > Document List Configuration | Controls the style of the document list table and click the Show in table checkbox.

1. Sheldon St. Clair

Hya,

The Author field is displayed but I can’t see the option that allows me to edit the text field, which is blank at present.

head to options > settings > and check “show upload author” that will show the field in the File Manger.

14. Randy Martin

I have been asked to add a document library (knowledge base) to a client’s website using Divi. They have 160 PDF files they want anyone to be able to access from a list of those PDF files. What do I need to know about Memphis Documents Library to do this?

Can I use Divi Modules to adjust the display to match the site’s design?

Should she want to limit access to some or all of the PDF files, is there a way to make them member-only access with some sort of code?
    The site will eventually be transferred to their hosting platform but is available for you look at it on my development site.

1. randy martin

ALso, is Memphis Documents Library the only plugin I need to accomplish this? A special one to mass upload the original files or something like that?

you can use batch upload to upload mass amounts of files.. it can be found in Options > Batch Upload.

not sure if you can use Divi Modules I don’t know that theme and what it is capable of. As for changing files permissions yes you can, you can make individual files protected or the whole sites.

Just click on the file and choose Manage File then uncheck downloadable by non-members.

This works the same when you head to Options > Settings.

15. Mihail Vigovskiy

First of all, I want to say thank you for the work you have done and for the plug-in that you created – great work!

And wanted to ask if itโ€™s possible to ask you to add certain functionality for an additional fee?

Thank’s in advance!

unfortunately no, I just don’t have the time for new features I just try and maintain this plugin the best I can.

16. Tony Core

It has worked before. Perhaps the problem started after upgrading the theme, Flatsome. I’ve tried deactivating all plugins but did not help. Thx.

17. Tony

Hi. I can no longer see the “Manage File” options for admin. It’s needed to be able to update older documents.
    Any help please?